/*php the_post_thumbnail( array(270,213) );*/?>
The following workshops are available to the community. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details to schedule a workshop.
Be Prepared, Not Scared
Disaster Preparedness Education Program
A three-part senior disaster preparedness education program is available, tailored to the Access and Functional Needs community and the general population.
- Evacuation & Communication Plan
- First Aid Kit/Planning ahead for Medicines & Devices
- Packing Your To-Go Bag
Protect Your Assets
- Insure your home to value, an insurance primer (United Policyholders)
- Document & Divide
- Insure your contents to value (United Policyholders)
Protect Your Property
- Protecting the Home
- Protecting the Homesite (Hardscape & Landscaping)
- Home Safety Inspection
Homeowners Wildfire Assessment Program
These workshops feature local residents hosting [hands-on] classes at their homes. The wildfire assessment team leads groups of participating residents on walk-arounds of the hosts’ homes: inspecting the property, highlighting wildfire risks, and discussing retrofitting and maintenance options.
Upon completing the workshop, residents will be:
- Educated on protecting themselves and their homes from wildfire threats.
- Knowledgeable about tools for implementing proactive steps to reduce wildfire property risks.
- Motivated to actively prepare for wildfires, having seen the risks to their home highlighted.